Unfortunately, going to the dentist isn’t something most people find particularly fun and enjoyable. However, cracking a funny dental or teeth joke with your dentist can certainly lighten the mood during your next oral health visit.
You will laugh at your own funny joke,and your dentist will probably pretend to laugh because he has heard the exact same joke hundreds of times.
If you’re scared of the dentist (you shouldn’t be), then reading dental jokes can lessen the anxiety that you might feel before you visit the dentist.Laughter is the best medicine for lots of stuff.
This is why we compiled a list of the 22 best dental and teeth jokes that you can share with your dentist during your next appointment. It should make things a bit more fun and a bit less scary. Not like going to the dentist should ever be a scary experience, but lots of people find getting a root canal or braces absolutely terrifying.
We can’t blame them.
Anyway, we can promise that your dentist has not heard some of these jokes.No guarantees that they will laugh haha at any of these jokes or puns though. That mostly depends on the dentist.
The 22 Best Dental Jokes for Your Next Dental Appointment
1. Q: What do you call a dentist that does not like tea?
2. Q: Why did the deer need braces?
A: He had buck teeth
3. Q: What do we call a bear without teeth?
A: A gummy bear
4. Q: John has 23 candy bars, eats 10, and gives 5 to his friend. What does John have now?
A: John most likely has a few cavities
5. Q: We brush our teeth at night so that we can keep our teeth. Why do we brush our teeth in the morning?
A: We brush our teeth in the morning to keep our friends
6. Q: What does the best dentist get at the end of the year?
A: The best dentist gets a little plaque at the end of the year
7. Q: Why did the smartphone go to the dentist?
A: It had Bluetooth
8. Dentist: What kind of filling do you want for your tooth?
Patient: Chocolate filling would be nice
9. P: Knock, knock.
D: Who’s there?
D: Dishes who?
P: Dishes how I talk since I lost my teeth
10. Q: What did the judge ask the dentist?
A: “Do you swear to pull the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth?”
11. “I actually went on a date with a dentist last night. She said she had a great time on the date and that she wants to see me again in six months to one year.”
12. Q: Why did the dentist and manicurist breakup?
A: They fought tooth and nail
13. Q: What is a drill team?
A: A bunch of dentists that work together
14. Q: What do we call a Scottish dentist?
A: Phil McCavity
15. Q: What did the dentist say to his computer?
A: This won’t hurt one byte
16. Q: What are the seven scariest words in the English language?
A: The dentist is ready to see you
17. Dentist: “Once I finish your filling you will be a new man.”
Patient: “Sounds great, Doc. Can you send the bill to that other man while you are at it?”
18. A young boy once asked his father, “Should I be a heart surgeon or a dentist?”
The father responded, “You should be a dentist.”
“Why should I be a dentist, dad?”
“We have one heart and thirty-two teeth.”
19. Patient: “How much does it cost to have a tooth pulled?”
Dentist: “Without pain, it costs $100. If you have pain, then it costs $200.”
Patient: “Do it without pain then. It’s cheaper and painless!”
The dentist then begins to pull the patient’s tooth without anesthesia.The patient screams out in pain.
Dentist: “You have pain. This is now a $200 extraction.”
20. A patient one time asked a dentist how nasty it feels to have their hands in peoples’ mouth all day.
The dentist replied, “I just pretend that I’m in their wallet.”
21. Q: What was a dentist from Kansas doing in Panama?
A: He was looking for the Root Canal
22. Q: What did the tooth say to the dentist that was leaving the office?
A: Please fill me in tomorrow
Well, those are 22 dental jokes that you can share with your dentist. Your dentist has probably heard some of them, but many of those jokes are original jokes.
Either way, your dentist has a difficult job and hearing a joke from a patient may make his or her day. Plus, you don’t want the person extracting your tooth to be in a bad mood.
That might be painful.
Jokes can also alleviate some of the anxiety you experience before hearing the seven scariest words in the English language. “We have to extract that bad tooth.”
Honestly, though, the dentist is there to help you and not to scare you. Sure, sometimes it might hurt a bit or be uncomfortable. The dentist might also look scary because they wear a surgeon’s mask, wear scrubs, have drills, and have scalpels. To be fair, they look like a character out of horror movie.
They then will rip out your teeth. It certainly can be interpreted as a scene from a horror movie.
However, they aren’t doing this to scare you,and they aren’t acting out a scene from a Saw movie. Their goal is to make your teeth look better, which will make you feel better.
All in all, don’t be scared of the dentist. They want to help you, not hurt you. Once you leave, you will feel so much better when you look in the mirror that you realize the whole experience was worth the hassle.
Plus, you get to overcome your fear. Who doesn’t like doing that?