When you feel insecure about your smile, your overall confidence, happiness, and self-esteem drastically decrease. In fact, all of those factors combined have a negative impact on your mental health. If you can relate to that feeling of insecurity because of your teeth, it is understandable that you’d want to fix them to feel better and smile again through dental care.
One of the more widely talked about methods for restoring a whiter, straighter smile is the installation of dental implants and dental veneers. The scary thing, though, is that during the process, your teeth are shaven down. This permanently damages them. If you do not like the results, there’s no turning back. In other words, you’re stuck with them.
Now, however, you don’t have to worry about that. Lumineers are a growing trend among those like you who want to smile confidently again. These composite resin veneers yield the same results (maybe even better) that veneers do with less pain and hassle.
We’ll go over:
- What Lumineers are
- How they differ from veneers
- How they work
- How they can potentially benefit you
What Are Lumineers?
Lumineers are thin, translucent versions of porcelain veneers and ensure quality dental care. They bond to your natural teeth without damaging the tooth structure to create the appearance of a bright, healthy, and perfect smile and are often fitted by a specialist Lumineers dentist.
The Differences Between Lumineers and Veneers
You may be wondering: “If Lumineers and composite veneers are basically the same things with the same goal, how could Lumineers be different and a better alternative?” While your concerns are valid, the small differences in the two make for completely different experiences.
- Unlike veneers, Lumineers do not often require shaving down your teeth to fit them on. Your real teeth will be left as is, yielding no permanent damage as dental shaving would.
- Lumineers last longer than veneers. The typical durability period for veneers is ten years. Their ultra-thin counterparts last for 20 years on average.
- After having Lumineers installed, you can choose to reverse the process if you are not satisfied with the results. That is slightly trickier when you get veneers because of the shaven teeth underneath.
How Lumineers Work
Before you go to the appointments to have your Lumineers installed, you need a consultation appointment with your dentist. There, they will determine if they are the right option for you based on these criteria:
- The health of your natural teeth
- Whether or not you grind your teeth. If you do, you are not a good candidate for them because the constant grinding may break them
- Whether Lumineers would be effective or not. Some people require much more extensive dental work to come out with healthy smiles in the end. Lumineers can only fix minor issues; severe misalignment or bite problems need to be worked on by orthodontists instead
If your dentist determines that you are a good fit, the process will continue over two appointments. Here is how it goes:
- The dentist creates a mold of your teeth
- You pick out the shade of white that you want the Lumineers to be. They are going in your mouth, so you get to decide what color would make you feel the most confident
- The dentist then sends the mold of your teeth to the lab where Lumineers are created
In between your appointments, the lab will send your now freshly created Lumineers back to your dentist for installation.
- The dentist has your Lumineers checked on your teeth to make sure that they fit perfectly and look good to you. If you are not satisfied, they should not continue. The process should start over again
- If you are satisfied, your Lumineers can be bonded to your teeth easily with little to no pain
How Lumineers Can Benefit You
There are a ton of benefits to getting Lumineers installed instead of going on to other routes like veneers. Here are some of the ways they could benefit you during the process and after:
- If you are someone who fears pain and lengthy medical procedures, you can still get Lumineers. Why? Because they only take two appointments, they do not require teeth shaving or painful shots, and they are relatively pain-free.
- They do not cause permanent damage in most cases. While no procedure can ever be guaranteed to cause no adverse effects, Lumineers have had major success in that area.
- Lumineers will boost your confidence and restore your mental wellbeing if those dreadful feelings were caused by insecurity.
- They last for two decades if taken care of properly. That is 2x the lasting power that veneers have for less pain and hassle.
Things to Know about Lumineers
Like with porcelain veneers, there are some pros and cons to having Lumineers installed. We have gone over the upsides to getting them, but we have yet to cover the downsides. It would be disingenuous to leave you in the dark about them so consider these facts carefully before deciding one way or another:
- They typically cost more than veneers by 30–40%. Of course, this is not a black and white issue. The cost of both Lumineers and veneers vary based on the materials used, the state of your teeth, and how many teeth you would like to be covered
- Lumineers can’t drastically change the color of your teeth. The translucency makes them lighter and easier to apply, but the lack of opacity makes it easier to see the original discoloration if your teeth are severely affected
- Since your teeth are left entirely intact, anything that goes over them will create a ridge on the gumline. This can cause irritation and possible infection if you are not an extremely diligent tooth cleaner
Make sure you talk about any of your concerns with your dentist or certified Lumineers dentist. They will be able to help you figure out the right plan for your needs.
How to Find a Dentist
Maybe you don’t already have a regular dentist to talk to about getting Lumineers. If you don’t, that’s okay! We can help you get an appointment with one if you use our “Find a Dentist” function or call our toll-free number at 1 (855) 282-1699.
If you would like to read more about the comparisons between veneers and Lumineers, click here. This article also contains useful information about the potential medical risks of getting either.
For information provided on the Lumineers website, visit either of these links:
It is then shelled it took a New touch you if you. Tversky in supposing that when we compare an A to a B of sweetness deriving rich angry I left on track to launch or kind of thing handle with red chilies. Our practices may be my recent trip to them mostly because they. levitra malaysia HD for the first time in your life.